Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Girl, where is Blog #2?

LOL! So Mica called me out and asked where my next blog was. I KNEW I would need help keeping up with this! Argghh!!! ButI have been having a few issues on my mind, and after watching Michelle Obama's speech today on Youtube.com - I'm ready to blog again.

I am extremely excited that I decided to let go and let God within the past few days. I had been letting an issue get to me that wouldn't normally bother me. I have some friends who I feel try to play catch up with me, or "keeping up with the Joneses", is the phrase Im so used to hearing coined. But if I rent a nice apartment in a nice area, they have to go and rent one in a nicer area thats more expensive. If I say I'm looking at a certain type of vechicle, then all of a sudden they are buying that vechicle. If I say I want to go somewhere, then all of a sudden they are going there on vacation. If I say I want certain jewelry, then they are going to buy that jewelry. If I'm going to school, they are signing up for school. On and On and On and On - you get the point. They copy and try to outdo every aspect of my life - and I was letting it get to me. I was constantly complaining about them, I was allowing myself to begin to hate them. I even got to the point where I didn't want to see them because I knew they were going to mention some big plans they have (that never come through). But in the last few days, I came out of that cloud. I thought to myself, if they follow me, all they can do is go up. I consider myself to be pretty successful, and maybe they copy me because they want my secret to success and happiness. LMAO - I know I'm fooling myself. They copy because they don't have their own identities, they are insecure about their current place in life, and putting themselves above others makes them feel good - at that moment. But now I'm over it, and I just feel sorry that they feel the need to compete with a friend. So, I have returned back to not letting it affect me, and I wish them the best of luck!!!

In more recent news, I have decided to paint my little apartment I call home. I would love to do some greens, tans, and browns. I think that would be very relaxing. My color scheme is the same throughout the entire apartment, so I should be safe sticking with a variation of the same colors. Mica came with me to the paint store, and got pissed at me because I wanted to pick colors, mix paint, and paint the entire apartment all in one night. LOL - man she was hella annoyed with me. But, shoots, I didn't know you couldn't do it all in one night! I thought we would grab some tan off of the shelf, and go home and slap it on the wall. Shittttttt......Anyway, so I'm in the process of picking out paint colors and patiently waiting to paint. (and I'm trying so hard not to just paint! Because if I do, it will look like crap, I will cry, and Mica will shake her head and make that loud noise with her mouth - and I hate chain reactions) SOOOOO the painting is on the back burner for now.

Last night Mica and I decided it would be cool to have an "African American L Word", and I want her to help me write it. But I know she won't until she thinks I'm serious, and I can't even blog on time, lol. But Pierre and I actually went through and made some story lines, and character descriptions, and thought of some more people to play in the "series". So once I have it all written and pretty, I can present my product to my co-writer. Then she can begin drumming up ideas and helping me to write a script!

This is it for Blog #2, and I'm out. I really gotta work on organizing these damn things so they won't be all over the place. So, thanks peeps and I'm out.

I LOVE writing like I have a damn audience. LMAO - it's hilarious!!!! Thanks people!!!

2 comments:

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Girl congrats on blog # 2!!!! I never thought I'd see the day; seriously. Umm, I have no idea what to say about the monkeys girl. They are your friends and I'm glad you finally figured out to do with those emotions that were errupting from all that nonsense and LET IT GO!

I am still rolling my eyes about the paint store experience yesterday evening. I was SO DONE with you. Had that lady not been watching us, I would've poured a can of paint on your damn head. And then made the loud noise with my mouth, lmaooo! Chain reaction, homie!

I knew you worked on that story line last night, loll. Once a seed is planted into your head, you GO, GO, GADGET FLOW! I'm not mad at that though. You know I'm here when you need me and am ready to spit out my ideas at any given time.

Can't wait for blog # 3. GET ON IT!

The F_Uitlist said...

My first time, Shew0rd sent me.

I like it so keep up the good work.

I'll be back